Amazon via seller PetSafe
£26–£45 (UK) $40-$60 (US)
38.1 x 12.7 x 45.7 cm
Assembled but the bowl must be correctly fitted or the device won’t work, plus it needs a pack of four Duracell MX1300 Ultra Power D Size Batteries or equivalent bought separately.
Who Should Buy This?:
If you are going to be away for any period of time then the PetSafe 5 Meal Pet Feeder is ideal for both your cats and your dogs.
If you want to deliver food, medication or treats at anytime throughout the week then this battery-operated device is for you.
And for those whose cats whine in the morning for their food, the PetSafe 5 Meal Pet Feeder means you can stay in bed while your pets are kept happy and content.
You may be going away on a business trip, or grabbing a weekend with friends and family and don’t have time to organise anyone to come in and feed your precious pets. On occasions like this the PetSafe 5 Meal Pet Feeder provides a near perfect solution.
If you have had an operation and need time to rest then the PetSafe 5 Meal Pet Feeder
can really help as it only needs to be set once and will provide five consecutive meals for your pets, so they don’t lose out while you recuperate.
What You Will Like Most About this PetSafe 5 Meal Pet Feeder
- User-friendly and easy to operate with clear set-up instructions, the PetSafe 5 Meal Pet Feeder can deliver dried biscuits, kibble, tinned food, semi-moist food, as well as most home-made diets and medication.
- Feed times are reliable because the timer is digital – not like some mechanical timers.
- The battery section is next to the timer which makes it easy to replace them without having to turn the whole PetSafe 5 Meal Pet Feeder over when it is already in use.
- The PetSafe 5 Meal Pet Feeder is well made, reasonably strong and large and heavy enough not to be knocked over the over enthusiastic animals.
- If your pets like meals little and often’ then the PetSafe 5 Meal Pet Feeder suits cats and some small dogs.
- If you have a large dog that suffers from stress and is known to vomit, this PetSafe 5 Meal Pet Feeder can help control the problem.
- The PetSafe 5 Meal Pet Feeder comes with an LCD display that is easy to read
- It’s feed tray is dishwasher safe.
- Each section holds up to 230 g of dry food.
- There is ample space for one meal per day
- The PetSafe 5 Meal Pet Feeder is also quiet.
What You May Not Like
- It cannot be programmed by the day, only by the hour and the unit is not refridgeratable so it’s probably best to use just dry food after day one.
- The bowl must be firmly seated for it to rotate. If you don’t put the bowl in correctly it can fail to turn.
Value for money?
This is so much cheaper than paying for a cattery. It can be used to support any cat sitter that you book to come in and care for your cat (e.g. clean his or her litter tray, play with him or her etc.). For people going away or who can’t or don’t want to get up when the cat is calling for food the PetSafe 5 Meal Pet Feeder is great value for money – and extremely reliable.