Amazon via seller SureFeed or from Zooplus.co.uk
35 x 26 x 27 cm
Who Should Buy This:
Anyone with a multi-pet household this is an ideal solution to prevent overeating by an individual pet or to make sure prescription food is only consumed by the pet for whom it has been prescribed. If you have small children this device will prevent their little hands playing with the pet food.
The lid only opens, revealing the food, when a registered pet approaches. When a pet that has not been programmed into the feeder, the lid stays firmly shut.
It’s not likely you will need this but the feeder can store up to an astonishing 32 pets and uses a simple one button programming method.
If you have cautious pets then there is a training mode for those pets to become accustomed to the feeder.
What You Will Like Most About this SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder
• The SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder comes with a grey bowl, a split grey bowl, a grey mat and a SureFlap RFID Collar Tag for non-microchipped pets.
• The SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder is compatible with all pet microchips throughout the world.
• It is battery powered and the batteries (4x C cell batteries that need to be bought separately) have 6-month’s worth of battery life
• The SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder can be used for both dry and wet food
• The SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder is fantastic for animals that are on weight-management or prescription diets
• Food is kept fresher because the bowls are sealed, which also cuts down smells and stops flies getting to the food
• Effectively stops children and other pets from stealing food.
• Easy set-up instructions.
What You May Not Like
• Requires a firm approach as pressing the on/off button too gently does not operate the door.
Maintenance Tips for this SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder
• Don’t trip over it as it breaks relatively easily.
• The grey trays that come as standard look bland, but different coloured ones that are available from the manufacturer cost up to £6.99.
• Small amounts of food can get left at the back.
Value for money?
Do not be put off by the high price. People who need to differentiate between their pets’ food find the SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder priceless and well worth every penny.